Congratulations to our 2021-2022 EURA recipients!
Each year, the Office of the Vice President for Research sponsors up to five Excellence in Undergraduate Research Awards to be presented to undergraduate students involved in research/creative work at the University of Iowa. Each EURA awardee receives:
A $1,000 travel scholarship to attend a professional development program or event. (This could include conference presentations, artistic performance or exhibition, summer workshop, etc.)
An ICRU Fellowship for their choice of the upcoming summer or academic year.
Recognition at the Vice President for Research’s annual Celebration of Excellence in Research dinner in April.
To be considered for ICRU's EURA, applicants must meet all of the following criteria:
- Applicants must be second or third year students at the University of Iowa.
- Applicants must be returning to the University of Iowa as an undergraduate for the upcoming academic year (2019-2020).
- Applicants must complete and submit all materials in the electronic application form found in the above link by the established due date.
Applicants must take care to submit all required materials by February 5, 2019 at 11:59 pm. The EURA Application will request the following materials:
- Resume or CV, to be attached as a PDF document titled CVYYYY_FirstnameLastname
- A 300-1000-word response to the following prompt, to be attached as a PDF document titled EURAYYYY_FirstnameLastname:
- Provide an overview of the work that you (as the student) have been involved in. Please highlight the contribution of this work to your discipline of study and the role you played in the initiation or development of this work. Discuss how your involvement in this work affected your education and career goals. Include your plans to use the award.
- Faculty support letter
- Faculty are required to submit their support letter via the above link.
- Support letters should detail what qualifies you, as the nominated student, to receive this award.
- Optional supplemental materials, if desired.
- Examples: Artistic portfolios (max. 12 pieces of work), videos of performances (max. 3 minutes), scholarly articles, etc.
- Materials can be submitted online or dropped off at the ICRU office - 401 Blank Honors Center. Materials will be returned, if requested.
- If you have questions regarding optional supplemental materials, please contact the ICRU office.
BS Biomedical Sciences, May 2021
E. Dale Abel Lab
Application supported by Dr. E. Dale Abel
BS Biochemistry, December 2020
Clinical and Translational Sciences Certificate
Maria Spies Lab
Application Supported by Dr. Maria Spies
BSE Biomedical Engineering (Cellular Engineering), May 2021
Laura Frey Law Lab
Application supported by Dr. Laura Frey Law
BS Biochemistry, May 2021
BA Computer Science, May 2021
BS Mathematics (Program C), May 2021
Michael Schnieders Lab
Application supported by Dr. Michael Schnieders
BS Psychology, May 2021
Rhetoric and Persuasion Minor
Breyan Neyland Group
Teresa Treat Lab
Application supported by Dr. Teresa Treat